Welcome to our Team Vanessa Page! As a team we are excited and working hard to support University Health Care Foundation’s Miracle Mile Walk and honor Vanessa! The Miracle Mile Walk supports University Hospital’s Breast Health Center and Mobile Mammography Unit, which provide life-saving screenings to women in our community who otherwise might not have access. No woman is ever turned away from the mobile unit! Please support our team in this exciting event and help us reach our fundraising goals. We also encourage you to sign up and get in on the fun!
We're getting close to the Miracle Mile Walk Date of October 20th. If you haven't purchased a Team Vanessa t-shirt, there's still time. The sale will end on October 3rd and you'll get your shirt in time for the walk! Click on this link or cut and past to your browser to purchase:
Some DETAILS about the walk:
Saturday, Oct 20
- Everyone who donated $100 or more ALSO gets a University Miracle Mile Walk t-shirt (not the same as the Team Vanessa shirt.)
- Be there at 7:30 to get t-shirts and enjoy the pre-walk party and also a TEAM VANESSA photo!
- Walk begins at 9:00 am SHARP and its a 3 mile walk.
- Location: Augusta Common at 836 Reynolds Street. We will have to designate a place for the team to congregate!
- The walk is rain or shine!
- All Cancer SURVIVORS get a FREE t-shirt and Survivor button (again, not the same as the Team Vanessa shirt.). They can be picked up the day of the walk at the Foundation's desk. Just identify yourself as a Survivor!
- Please share the Miracle Mile Walk posts and the t-shirt posts (all profits go towards Vanessa's goal) on your social media.
- Invite your friends to walk with us. Especially your tennis friends as Vanessa especially loves her tennis family!!
- If you haven't donated, please do. ANY amount is appreciated. Our goal is $5,000 and we're over half way there.
- Check out Vanessa's support page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VanessaKicksCancer/
If you have any questions, please call or text me at 404-307-5926.
Thanks again for your donation. Vanessa and I hope to see you on the 20th!!